Friday, July 1, 2011

Americana & Denim Rag Quilt

So basically...I've been trying to post this ALL DAY! and I'm getting pretty frustrated!  I think (hope) this will work though!

So my quilt is FINALLY DONE!!!

I started by stitching 8 muslin stars on navy denim with a heavy weight denim on the back for stability.
Start on an inside corner rather than a point so it's easier to hide the starting ans stopping point.
Slightly overlap on the points.
When you're done you'll have threads on top.
Take a needle and pull the threads through to the back.
So it looks like this!
Knot it off.
Trim the excess.
So it looks like this.
Lay out all the pieces and get it looking how you want it.
For some reason I have a video that isn't posting...but basically it said:

Then to keep it organized while you're working on it, stack them by columns.

Then to start the column to sew, you make a "sandwich" as shown in the video below, then keep going through the whole stack.




You'll end up with all these rows connected together.
See the little threads in between the squares?
Turn them towards each other and sew down all the columns to connect them and you'll end up with something like this.

Then put all the bigger sections together to complete the quilt.

I sewed it all together and stitched around the whole border to finish it off.

I'm going to hope this posts correctly and I'll take a picture of the finished product and post it tomorrow.  I just want this to work!

Lots o' Love,

Megan

1 comment: