Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fleur de Lis Transformation

I picked this gold metal fleur de lis up at ross for only $8.  I loved that it was a fleur de lis, but I was not loving the color. 
 This is my new favorite color spray paint.  Its called ivory bisque and it's by Rust-oleum.  It's just the right shade of white for me.  Not too bright, but not too ivory either.

 I'm also LOVING the Painter's Touch Ultra Cover spray paint because it REALLY does cover well and is worth the little extra money because you'll have to buy more of the other stuff to even come close to it's quality.  I used to think that it didn't matter what kind of spray paint it was.  I ended up having to use tons of cans to get good coverage, when I could have used 1 or 2 with this great product! I've learned my lesson.
 First, I painted the whole thing really well.
 I wanted to try a technique I imagined in my head...with a paper towel, I lightly wiped off some of the spray paint while it was still wet to reveal the darker color underneath for a distressed look.
 I liked it, but wanted more.
So I grabbed my little Stampin' Spot in Chocolate Chip and rubbed it over the high parts.
 I rubbed over it with my finger to smudge it and blend it a little.
 Here it is all done with the ink.
 I even went back over it some more to smudge so the ink wouldn't contrast too much. 
And here it is all done on my wall in the guest room.

What are your thoughts on distressing?  What are some techniques you've tried?

Lots o' love,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment