Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Walled-Off

To aid in the completion of the home office/guest room makeover, we decided (I begged, pleaded, then convinced my husband) to wall-off the double doors from the entry to that room.  I'M SO GLAD WE DID!!! It make the guest room actually feel like a real room instead of a thoroughfare.  Here are the progress pics...

 Old double doors removed. Taking out door jambs.
 DH letting DS2 take out nails.
 Framing it in.  LOOK AT THAT STUD!!! And the 2x4s are cool too.
Have you guys ever used this stuff?!?!  After we drywalled, and mudded, I went to my local home improvement store to see what I could do about matching the orange peel texture we had on our existing walls.  I found this product and it works like a charm!  You can't tell the difference between the old and new! LOVE IT!!! I highly recommend it for small jobs too...you know when you mess up a part of your wall and have to patch it so you (your husband) can't tell that anything ever happened there!
Here it is all done from the entry.  I'll show you the other side of the wall (inside the guest room) when I post about an AWESOME mirror that my Honey found on the side of the road for me!

STAY TUNED!

Lots o' love,

Megan

3 comments:

  1. Megan, this looks GREAT!!! You guys did an amazing job! Can't wait to see it for myself next time I'm in town! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have definitely bookmarked the Tonic Living Website-very inspirational- like you blog ! Thanks for sharing your project with us/ me – looks fantastic.Brian

    ReplyDelete