Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Simple Pasta Salad

This simple pasta salad is delicious and only has 7 ingredients!  One of my sisters made it years ago and it's been my go-to Summertime meal ever since.  I make a double batch sometimes and use it all week long for lunches and cool dinners when it's too hot to cook.
1 box whole wheat rotini or other fun pasta shape, cooked and cooled
1 bottle zesty Italian dressing
1 smoked turkey sausage, cut in half and cut again on the bias
1 small container grape tomatoes
2 crowns broccoli, cut into "trees" like my kids say ;o)
1 can medium size olives, drained
1 cup colby jack cheese, cubed

Toss everything together and enjoy!  It gets better the second and third day as the dressing absorbs into the pasta.  Also sometimes I've added marinated artichoke hearts, Parmesan, or kalamata olives for a more Mediterranean flavor.

I'm linking this recipe to the Home May'd Recipe Party!

Lots o' love!
Megan

1 comment: