Saturday, September 3, 2011

Replacing Door Casing

Hey everyone!  Man I feel like it's been FOREVER since I posted last!  Well, I have a BIG project I'm in the middle of but I thought I'd post parts of the whole thing.  I'm changing the look of my entry way! I'm absolutely LOVING how it's turning out!

The first thing I had to do was replace the front closet door casing so that it matched the rest of the house.  (I think there are only 4 more that I have to replace for all of the door frames in my house to be replaced!)

Here is was it looked like BEFORE.  Just plain, basic casing... BOR-ING!
 Time to say goodbye to boring. I ripped off the old casing and pulled out any lingering nails.
 I nailed up the rosettes first.
 Then added the top piece.
 Then the sides.
 The new casing was 1/2" wider than the old, so I had to pry off the base molding and trim it down 1/2"
 I nailed it in place and it was complete.
I'll show it painted later.  For now this is all your getting!

Lots o' love,

Megan

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous transformation... its the little things that really pull things together.

    ReplyDelete